Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Geranium Dresses


Holy Moly how has 2 months passed since I've posted?! Maybe it's the baby brain, or the lack of sleep. Either way, Gah!!!

Although I haven't been posting, I've still been working on projects here and there. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I've still been sewing here and there.

We found out that we will be welcoming a GIRL this spring and that was the green light I needed to start working on some baby projects. I do love to sew for my five year old guy but, I'm so excited to get to sew some ruffles and pink! The first project was the Geranium Dress, which is a free pattern for the 0-3 month size by Made by Rae. It was a super quick sew and required less than a yard of fabric. In fact, I'm fairly confident that I could get the bodice out of one fat quarter.



It was such a quick sew, and oh so satisfying! The seams in the bodice are completely enclosed in the lining which makes me feel all fancy. I did do a some variation of a French Seam on the only seam inside the skirt so all the seams are neatly finished.





I sewed up the first one in a couple hours time (including cutting) and the second in about an hour. Little Miss might end up with a bunch of these by the time we welcome her home.







1 comment:

Hayley said...

Cute! I love patterns where you can use precious FQS up. I just did the same with a roly poly