Here is my warning to all: always check your test squares when printing out PDF patterns. I forgot to do this and AFTER I cut my exterior I realized I had not checked my test square and when I did so, it was off by a quarter of an inch, which meant my cut pieces were completely unusable :(
Luckily, I used the medium size, so I should be able to still use these pieces for the smaller train case.
It all worked out, because I cut into some Ghastlies instead and I think I am happier with this than I would have been with the floral print I had originally picked.
Isn't she just awesome?!
The ladies on the bottom.
The interior has a slip pocket around the entire lining, that you can customize and decide how many pockets you want and what size you would like your pockets. You can make more narrow pockets to hold items like brushes, eye liners and lipsticks, or larger ones to accommodate bigger items. The zip pocket on the lid is perfect for stashing compacts, or toiletry items.
This pattern came together quickly, in just a few hours of sewing and there aren't a whole lot of pieces to cut, which makes this a pretty satisfying little project. The only part that was a bit frustrating was the last few steps, in which you basically have to squish a bunch of layers through the machine, not a complicated step though, and I'll bet if you have a nicer machine than I do, you'll have a much easier go. For the last few steps, I opted to actually baste my pieces on before sewing the seam accurately, as even my wonder clips were failing me in holding it together. I don't think this would have been as challenging in the bigger bag sizes. These bags would make PERFECT Christmas presents, head over and get your copy!