Friday, December 27, 2013

A Christmas Bag


I'm glad to finally get to share this guy, as it was a present I had to keep it quiet til after Christmas.

My uncle asked me to make a bag for my cousin and the only instruction was "lots of pockets". With that, I knew immediately the bag I wanted to make. 

I've said this before but it totally bears repeating. The Lapin Noir pattern by Sew Sweetness is THE best bag pattern ever. This is the bag I use every day and when it dies I'll make another, it is by far the most functional bag I've ever carried. 

I had just made a bag in the red poppies from Joel Dewberry's Notting Hill line, and although I usually don't like repeatedly using the same fabrics, it seemed absolutely perfect for one last bag. The colors and florals are spectacular and both modern and vintage at the same time and I knew my cousin would love it! 

After finishing it, I seriously fell in love with this guy. I adore aqua and red, throw in the polka dots and I couldn't ask for more! I seriously had a bit of a moment when shipping this bag off to Chattanooga. However, it is now in the hands of someone who loves it as well and I'm glad :) 






This bag is also in the top fifteen over at the Sew Mama Sew Sew Sweetness bag contest. If you haven't voted yet, please take a minute to pick your top three bags. There are seriously some amazing bags in it!!!! 







1 comment:

Missy Shay said...

The bag turned out great, I love the colors too!