Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July? Where did you come from?!

How the heck did it get to be July?!

June was a complete blur around here. I feel like I didn't get a lot of crafting done, mostly just little projects here and there, sadly nothing that is even exciting enough to share. It was one of the those months that I feel like I devoted my energy elsewhere and quite frankly, it was a nice change of pace.

Around Memorial day, I drug out my summer clolthes and when I went to put them on, they were snug. A LOT snug. I stepped on the scale to convince myself that somehow these clothes had magically shrunk while in storage for winter and was appalled at the number. Said number was approximately 15 pounds heavier than the last time I had stepped on the scale. I wanted to cry. I'm ok with maybe 5 pounds here and there, especially from the winter, but FIFTEEN.

So, for the past month I've been focusing on changing my lifetstyle and getting back into a fitness routine. I started running again ( I still hate it) and back to journaling my food. As of the first of July I am down 4 pounds...it's a solid start yay! SO, between working full time and hitting the gym, I've either been too busy or too exhausted to craft much.

Now that Juky is here, I have a craft show less than 2 weeks away and since I've always worked better under pressure, here we are. Eek!!!!

I'm hoping July will be a month that I can start to find a better balance and I will start finding better ways to manage my time so I can do what I need AND what I want to do :)

Happy July :)

No comments: