Sunday, March 10, 2013

241 tote


I finally got around to making my first 241 tote from Noodlehead, I've had this pattern for a while and never seemed to be able to pick the fabrics I wanted to use (yeah, I'm a tad indecisive). With spring finally on its way, I decided that it was time to make a spring bag and I pulled out the pattern and settled on this print from Josephine Kimerling's hope chest line. I have hoarded this fabric for a while. I'm usually not a big floral girl but there was something about this print that I just adore. I think it was perfect for this pattern!

The pattern was absolutely cake to follow and I opted for the zippered pocket variation. It literally took me less than three hours from cutting to top stitching, a very quick and easy sew! The one mistake I made was forgetting to add the slip pocket to the interior...oops. I'll just blame the wine and the fact that it was well past my bedtime at that point.

The only thing that I was a bit disappointed about was the size. I was for some reason thinking that this was a tad roomier, but I guess this just keeps me from over stuffing my bag with junk. It's by no means small but I just tend to like more oversized bags.

I will for sure be making another, I'm really happy with how it came together and the ease of the pattern makes it great for a last minute gift.

Yay SPRING!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bag! I love the floral fabric, and the yellow zippers are an awesome touch!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/03/submarine-sunday-23.html

Celtic Thistle said...

Great bag, your fabric choice was spot on!

legato1958 said...

Love your fabric!! And those touches of yellow!

susie